Friday, January 7, 2011

Work in Progress

So as you've probably already noticed, I am experimenting with a new look for the blog. I've just downloaded a new photo-editing program for my computer, so I am in the process of learning a few new things. Add in a couple of couch days from being sick and not at work over the last week and here we are.

For Christmas, my wonderful hubby got me a new camera, so I have been getting a little bit paparazzi with Peyton lately. She is not a big fan. My new beauty is a Canon Powershot SX130 IS. It has many more functions than the simple point-and-shoot type of camera, but is not quite as technical as a DSLR type. Here's a picture of the new addition:
Isn't she purrty?

I have always loved photography and hope to develop this interest much more as the year goes on. While I love taking pictures of family and friends, I am actually a big fan of architectural photography. After a trip to New York City a few years ago, I came back and noticed that the great majority of my pictures were of buildings and churches, not people. To me, there is something to be said for the beauty and detail that come out in photos of structures and inanimate objects. Also, buildings seldom come out blurry from running towards the camera at you...

That being said, here are some photos I have taken with my new camera lately, both of family and other things.



Rob caught this one.


Well.. Gracie was pretty inanimate that day..

Well, that's all for now. Happy Friday!

2 comments:

  1. Fun! Can't wait for all the new pics:) Love the pic of you and Peyton!

    ReplyDelete